Wednesday, August 11, 2010

compliments

now i am sitting at rendezvous watching the downpour with an old couple.  they are drinking coffee in small cups and smoking imported cigarettes.  i am not sure what language they are speaking.

it has been a long time since i have written on here, or anywhere, i suppose.  i am uncertain as to how i feel about the overall level of resolution in my life.  the rain is quieting, now.

i have a plan, though, a real one.  the other tendrils can curl unimportantly onward.  my attention is focused elsewhere.  the old woman shifted to english to ask the time.  it is a quarter to two.

let me tell you the things i am thinking when i am driving in the car.


flimsy file cabinets house
the dna samples I take
donated drops of blood
for every occasion the
ultimate memory I wanted
to see mutations in action
genetic impatience general
lack of

fitness for parenthood
neuroticism spanned perfect
method twinned from
meticulousness perhaps rather
a calved sect instead a
crumble of glacier punctuating
the warming arctic ocean
receding from itself in
every moment insane productivity
I’ll shut up now my

teeth are wearing down enamel
eaten out every last night
think sporadic organization
preferably divergent hierarchies
converse only in empty
libraries sleep only in
beds belonging to others
the imprints are comforting

everything has been done
and said and is being done
and said alongside crepe
paper cartilage panoramas
we’ll go back to the farm
together – memorandum
to self hello dear
weather you’re keeping me
company just fine
house fires kept it
dark at night I count
your possessions for
lack of sheep mitochondrial
movements

unidentified implies specifications
the rain came out my
muscles atrophied slowly
hold my by my shoulders
teeth glossing over the
webbing of scar tissue held
us close or so we thought
spiraling hum at seventy-five

No comments:

Post a Comment